4 Misconceptions of Carpet Cleaning:
1. Dry Cleaning Methods leave Carpets dryer and cleaner
2. Steam Cleaning leaves carpets to wet.
3. I heard a lot of of good things about truck mount machines so I tried one and it really wasn’t that great
4. Franchises do a better job
1. As far as we all know all dry cleaning methods use water except the ones which make use of a chemical that is put in saw dust, then sprinkled unto the carpet and brushed in and vacuumed out. Carpet then dries very fast but is still dirty by all standards and your carpet is now full of saw dust! (Unless your carpet had no nap such as indoor/outdoor and therefore is easier to get more of the saw dust out but not all and even if you did your carpet would still be dirty.) Now as far as the rest go, to clean a carpet with some water and then call it a “dry cleaning method” is dishonest unless you say that you are using a semi-dry cleaning. Meaning to say that you are using less water than a steam machine would use. This method was designed to clean a spot so it would dry faster, such as an accident in a hotel lobby where there is a liability for wet carpet. It is a method that should be used the least. Which brings us to our next point
2. This is false because people can say “my stove gets too hot” or my car drives to fast” two things that you can control! The same can be said about the person in control of the steam cleaner! Even those who subscribe to the “dry bonnet cleaning method” and puts these bonnets into a mop bucket “filled” with hot water. The man who doesn’t wring the bonnet out enough will over wet the carpet much worse then a steam machine because he was no way to extract the water. He could try to absorb some water by using a dry bonnet but that area will be too wet. and it is not the method’s fault but the person who is using the method. The same is true with steam cleaning, steaming can dry very fast under certain conditions but it is the trained person who will dry the carpet not the method!
3. I know exactly what you are saying here, “truck mount” is a term used to say that a machine is mounted into a truck. But the problem is some companies make these machines very small and they bolted down so therefore called a “truck mount”. The small truck mount may be stronger then a portable machine but when you put a long hose all the way to the rooms being cleaned then the loss of power will make it weaker then a portable.
So point being here is make sure that the machine the company is using to clean your carpet is the big truck mount that uses a number 5 blower or bigger (not smaller). The rest is up to the operator. These machines have filters and we clean our filters out every job. We design our won filters to be accessible so the technicians can get at them easy and therefore are willing to clean them. Believe it or not some companies do not clean their filters for over a week. We clean ours every single job. And on a very soiled job we may clean it 2 or 3 times what ever it takes to keep the vacuum up to 15″ of mercury and the air flow at off 550 CFM(Cubic Feet per Minute), this is power where you need it!
4. Have you ever had a mouth watering savory seasoned burger? You know you are at a backyard bbq and they give you that grilled masterpiece. My question is which is better? That homemade burger hot off the grill or the burger from the Golden Arches? The truth is that a franchise can help in marketing and buying cleaners and giving you an “image” and how to make a lot of money. But they all clean to fast, way to fast! This I know by experience because I have worked for two of them! The way we clean here is completely different. We clean thoroughly and so much so that workers who are training with me have quit working for us because they are used to doing it much faster and were not willing to be as detailed as we commit to.
It really all depends on the manager of any company, if he or she really cares about quality or not. You much admit that we see all around us, that there are companies out there in all fields, that do not do quality work. Our slogan is “we clean the corners that others cut”